Descriptions for Paintstorm Studio 2.10
Name: Paintstorm Studio
Release Date: November 16, 2017
Developer: Sergei Komarov
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.7 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://paintstormstudio.com/
Mac App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/app/paintstorm-studio/id1060632107?mt=12
Paintstorm Studio is created for professional digital painting. And a major role in this program play the brushes. We did our best so that you can easily and quickly adjust the brushes suitable for your painting style.
Anyone who has ever painted knows it’s hard to overestimate the painting tool and the importance of all the seemingly insignificant details. We tried not to miss any of them. Our goal was to create an intuitive, simple-to-use but at the same time functionally powerful tool that brings the process of digital painting to a new level, making it as comfortable as possible.
– Full control of all brush options (Incredible possibilities for brush settings)
– Bristle brushes of any form and kind
– Stroke post correction (You can take an action on any option. Not only on the stroke thickness)
– Parameters binding to the perspective
– Dynamic interface (Global interface scale, panels scale, opacity, color, tab-lock)
– Custom panels
– Full controlled mask-brush (Each brush can work as mask for other brush)
– Takes underlayer’s color while blending
– “Close gaps” function when you fill or select
– Individual hotkeys for any brushes
– Fast layer selection
– Smooth zoom and brush resize
– Dirty brush mode
– Stroke stabilizer
– Usable color mixer
– Different gradient strokes
– Mirror drawing
– Standart tools pack (Lasso, Magic wand, Crop, Fill, Gradient and etc)
– Control of the random amounts
– Photoshop PSD and ABR supported
– Tablets supported
What’s New in Paintstorm Studio 2.10
– New «Refine Edge» featured added for selection. Now you can expand, feather and smooth out the selected area.
– «Lasso» tool improved. While selecting, hold down Alt to switch to Polygonal Lasso mode and back, hold down Backspace to change the last point or Enter to apply.
«Stabilizer» slider added for the lasso for more accurate selection. The edge of the selection became smoother.
«Auto action» option added for the lasso. It can be used to perform actions after the selection automatically: Fill, Gradient, Delete.
– «Color wheel» can now be dragged to the Custom panels.
If you hold «C» (by default), the “Custom 1″ panel will move to the mouse pointer and become a transparent background and when release, it will return back.
– «Brushes history» added. Enable it in the «Brushes» panel settings
– «Rulers» improved.
Ruler states can now be saved/loaded.
You can choose the color of the lines: gray, RGB or the custom color.
Holding ALT + R (by default) you can highlight all ruler states and quickly select the one you want.
For the 2-points and 3-points perspective a point is added that can be used to rotate the horizon.
An ability to «disable the following rulers» added
– The parameters of the H, S, B – brush have been slightly changed. Now the sliders can be moved in both directions for a more accurate distribution of random values
– «Place image» feature added to Menu-> File to import the image to the current document. If you select several files, they will be imported as separate layers
– You can now change the cursor type between Arrow, Point and Cross in Menu-> File-> Options-> Cursors. There you can choose the «Brush Drag resize” tool mode as well
– Finally! «Tooltips» added! You can also set the hotkeys with them
– You can set the selected preset as a default in the «New File» panel. After the relaunch, a new canvas will be created of the new default size
– A new «Lines width» slider added for guides, rulers, helpers, etc. to Menu-> File-> Options-> Main
– «Free transform» is extending in both directions with held ALT and rotating by 5 degrees with held Shift
– «Gradient» tool aligns the direction by 5 degrees with held Shift
– Hold Shift when moving the layer to move it strictly in vertical/horizontal direction
– If you click the «Brush tool» while using «Free transform» tool, it is applied and you can start drawing immediately