|Name||News Explorer 1.1.1|
|Created on||2016-09-10 00:24:48|
|Files||News Explorer 1.1.1 MAS [TNT].dmg (4.89 MB)|
Name: News Explorer
Release Date: September 08, 2016
Developer: Ron Elemans
MAS Rating: 17+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://betamagic.nl/products/newsexplorer.html
Mac App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/app/news-explorer/id1032670789?mt=12
News Explorer is an innovative easy-to-use news reader exclusively built for the Apple’s ecosystem, with iCloud based synchronisation between iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV.
• News Explorer syncs your subscriptions, folder setup, news items, read statuses and favorites across all your Apple devices.
• Synchronisation is based on iCloud, so there is no need to login or to sign up into any other service, it just works out of the box.
• Built-in high speed RSS engine.
• Clean, 100% native, distraction-free user interface
• Built-in browser for viewing inline links and other references
◦ Default: carefully designed light coloured interface
◦ Dark: useful ’night mode’ interface
◦ System: based on standard system colours and controls
◦ YinYang: combines dark sidebar with light toned interface
• Split View support
• Full Screen support
• Smart filters
◦ Latest News: all news items of the last 2 days
◦ Unread News: all unread news
◦ Favorites: all news items marked as favorite
• Read your news offline
• Use Reader view to download and read the full version of articles in a clean and easy-to-read format
• Mark items as favorite for later reading
• Navigate with one click to the original content
• Timeline view shows your news items in an attractive newspaper-like way
• Full text search
• Full keyboard navigation
• Built-in image viewer to browse through all images of news items
• Share news items via email, Messages, Twitter, Facebook and more
• Add new RSS feeds manually or use the built-in search feature
• Feed extension support let you open RSS news feed URL’s
• Group your subscriptions by using folders
• Rename and reorder folders and subscriptions, using drag-and-drop
• OPML import and export
• Global filters let you filter all subscriptions and related news on unread items and favorites.
• Support for enhanced arrow key navigation with auto expand and collapse of the sidebar and the built-in browser.
• With Force click, you can easily perform frequently used actions on selected news items.
• Perform quick actions with horizontal swipes in the news items list.
• Pull subscription list to start a sync session.
• App icon badge with unread items count.
• Custom storage period for each item status (read, unread and favorite).
• Opened items can be set automatically to read, immediately or after a custom period.
• Set all items within a filter or feed as read with one click, with an option to ask for confirmation above a particular number of unread messages.
• News item links can be opened in the built-in browser based on the Safari-view controller, or as external URL which includes support for external apps.
• Syncing with iCloud can be disabled, to use only the built-in high speed RSS engine.
• And much more
STATE OF THE ART
• Supports RSS 2.0, RDF and ATOM news feeds
• iCloud sync with CloudKit
• Swift 2.2
• Force Touch
• Handoff, pick up where you left off
• Notifications with images
• Retina support
You only need to buy two apps to cover all Apple platforms:
• News Explorer for Mac is available on the Mac App Store.
• News Explorer for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV is a universal purchase app, available on the App Store of the mentioned devices. Universal purchase allows you to purchase News Explorer once, and then access it on all connected platforms.
SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK
If you have any questions or need support on News Explorer, then browse to http://betamagic.nl/support/newsexplorer/help.html or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please share your thoughts and ideas about News Explorer with us via email@example.com.
If you like News Explorer then feel free to leave a review or a rating in the App Store, it helps a lot!
What's New in Version 1.1.1:
• With Reader view you can download the entire original news article from the web, and read it in a clean and easy-to-read format.
• Reader views can be automatically saved, reused and synced with your other devices.
• Added an option to choose between Fast batch sync and Instant item change upload.
• User notifications do now show an image, when available.
• The minimum number of notifications for being summarised can now be set.
• Added support for opening the website related to a feed subscription.
• Added support for Resyncing subscriptions with iCloud.
• Added support for drag-and-drop of OPML files and feed URL's.
• Removed unneeded confirmation message when adding a folder.
• Replaced the shortcut keys for the global filters, to prevent conflicts with a system defined shortcut key.
• Start date for download is now based on the last feed publishing date, when newer than the standard settings value.
• No annoying automatic deselection anymore of the current feed when in global unread filter modus, and the last item in the list is set to read.
• Added and implemented setting “Use feed update interval data”.
• Added and implemented setting “Resync subscription list on startup”.
• Improved support for RDF feeds.
• Improved support for feeds with incorrectly encoded characters.
• Improved support for opening URL's with invalid characters.
• OPML import will no longer duplicate folders, when the existing folders have identifiers that are different from the title.
• Improved feed icon rendering.
• Fixed a crash caused by news articles with extremely long identifiers.